Do you have exciting ideas on how to develop the campus and community?
Ülemiste City Community Fund helps bring community ideas to life
Let’s think, invest, and develop together to make Ülemiste City the best place to study, live, and work for the whole community. A community fund – with contributions from both developers and businesses in the campus – will give talented people a chance to have their say, decide which projects are the most important, and add the most value.
collected in the Community Fund
talents in the community
companies in the community
Why are we doing this?
- Inclusion. Ülemiste City is a smart city of the future, with community as one of its pillars. We want to create more dialogue between members of the community – the campus developer, companies, and talent – and foster a sense of belonging.
- Competitiveness. Ülemiste City’s mission is to be an attractive knowledge-based working, development, and living environment with international reach. The developers and the community of the campus are committed to creating and continuously developing an attractive and talent-centred working environment.
- Contribution. The developers of the campus have made significant annual investments in designing the environment and supporting the community. We want the community, for whom the campus is being developed, to contribute both substantially and financially.
- Joint decisions. The Community Fund is a tool based on crowdfunding, which gives companies the opportunity to have a say in the development trends of Ülemiste City. We want community members to be better informed about what is being offered to them and to contribute more actively. With the support of the fund, joint developments will be carried forward together, faster, and more efficiently.
- From idea to reality. Community members are welcome to offer their ideas and apply for funding from the Community Fund for their project, which could benefit the whole of Ülemiste City.
How does the Community Fund work?
- Each company contributes to the fund in an amount that is formed based on the number of employees. See here how your company’s monthly payment is generated.
- Campus developers contribute to the Community Fund at least as much as companies and guarantee transparency in the use of the fund.
- The fund finances new ideas that the community considers necessary for itself and that are in line with the values and focus areas of Ülemiste City.
- Community members can submit their ideas as part of an inclusive budget. Ideas that are funded by the Community Fund are selected by voting.
- The interests of companies and developers on campus in the distribution of Community Fund resources are represented by a separate board of 9 members, including 5 business representatives. The board meets twice a year.
- Decisions that are funded by the Community Fund are made on a yearly basis.
Financing of community projects
at least the
5 campus companies
Use of fund
Opportunity to participate in the implementation
• Development of the environment
• Community events
Offering ideas, voting, opportunity to participate in the implementation
• Bringing community
ideas to life
Benefits from the Community Fund
- Companies can have a say in the development of the community and campus
- Campus developers learn more about customer needs and preferences
- By contributing financially to the development of the community, it is possible to do more and faster
- Increasing the attractiveness of the campus (lower staff turnover, easier recruitment, more visitors)
- More supportive services
We look forward to hearing your ideas for further development of our Ülemiste City campus and the local community. The most-voted idea is planned to implement within the year.
Analysis of ideas
Implementation of the Winning Project
Terms and Conditions of the Idea Collection:
- The presented idea must support the development of Ülemiste City. It can be a physical object, event, art project, etc., which is publicly used by the Ülemiste City community.
- The cost of the proposed solution must be within the limits of €20,000 and it must be feasible during the year 2024.
- Ideas can be submitted by all members of the Ülemiste City community (employees, students, etc.).
Events and services for
Ülemiste City community
Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences
Studies in professional higher education
Applied research, scientific cooperation
Series of seminars From University to Business
Day of guest lectures
Involving practitioners and cases in studies
International School of Tallinn (IST)
Pre-school and primary school
Mediation of trainees
Job shadowing days
Road trip to Ülemiste
EduFEST training bits festival
Health management app Activate Health, competitions in Ülemiste City
Outdoor trainings during Health Month
Health conference (held over a year)
Health insurance (in cooperation with IF Kindlustus)
RADAR Economic Data Survey
Green City basic service
Walking trail for meetings
Bike to work (bike parking, showers, bike maintenance points)
Outdoor workplaces and courtyards
Adding offers to the B2B offers platform
Adding events to the campus events calendar
Advertising on screens*
Future Forum conference
ÜC Business Speed Date
Series of seminars ‘What’s new in Future City Science’
Meet&Greet (2 events in cooperation with Ülemiste City)
Celebration of anniversaries (Christmas, Shrove Tuesday, Republic Anniversary Ceremony, etc.)
Table tennis tournament
Beach Volley Ball
Attractions in lobbies and courtyards
Community house concept
New networks planned for the community centre (sports club, use of the gym, etc.)
Public areas for children and sports